Welcome to the Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association
The Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association (GSHA) is a professional association of individuals specializing in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of communication, swallowing, and hearing disorders. The Association advocates for the professional interests of its members and the individuals they serve and provides a forum for the exchange of professional information and ideas.
News & Information
Licensing Board Update
Amendments to O.C.G.A. § 50-36-1 become effective January 1, 2012. Georgia law requires all applicants for licensure, and all those applying for renewal of an existing license to submit secure and verifiable documentation with their application that will be reviewed by the Board. Examples of secure and verifiable documents include driver’s license, U.S. passport, or green card. A list of the approved Secure and Verifiable Documents may be found on the Professional Licensing Board’s webpage at www.sos.ga.gov/plb . They may submit their renewal online in minutes - just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Visit the Georgia Online Licensing site at www.sos.ga.gov/plb (Free internet access is available at every Georgia Public Library)
- Click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process.
- Step-by-Step instructions can be found here: www.sos.ga.gov/plb/renewal_process.htm
- Update address, phone number, e-mail address and answer the renewal questions.
- Applicants will be given an opportunity to upload a copy of their secure and verifiable document with their application, or if they are unable to do so, instructions are available for faxing or emailing it to the Board office.
- Pay renewal fee(s) using a American Express, Mastercard, or Visa on our secure server.
- Print the receipt of payment.
- Please allow staff 10 business days to process the renewal application and secure and verifiable document.
- Oncethe renewal application has been completed, the licensee will receive an email with instructions for printing their license online.
- Verifythe renewal online at https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverification/ .
If they choose not to renew online and would like to request a renewal form that will be mailed to your address on file with board, please call (404)463-1100. Please note that renewing by mail may take up to 4 weeks to process after the completed renewal form is received. A licensee cannot practice after their license expiration date.
AVOID ADDITIONAL DELAY & LATE FEES BY RENEWING NOW!
Thank you very much for your business.
The Professional Licensing Board
Office of Secretary of State
2012 Legislative Update
GSHA received a very nice legislative summary from our lobbyist. The report is organized with initial comments on the intense issues, then a summary of bills and budget items of interest, and finally some suggestions for activities over the rest of the year. Also inserted is an addendum of the failed legislation as well since many of those issues may resurface in 2013. Here is the link to the report: 2012 Legislative Update.
4 Reasons to JOIN the Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association NOW!
- GSHA continues to add value to your membership with a new format for the GSHA website.
- 2013 is a licensure year in Georgia. Online webinars are being added as a FREE benefit of membership. GSHA members receive discounted registration to the GSHA Annual Convention.
- GSHA has demonstrated legislative success through lobbying at the Georgia capitol.
Members of GSHA have worked with our lobbyists, Stan Jones and Helen Sloat, music therapists, and various interest groups to reach a compromise on Senate Bill 414 which would license music therapists. This compromise resulted in a substitute bill which eliminated our concerns pertaining to encroachment on speech-language pathologists scope of practice.
- GSHA has networking and professional opportunities available.
Make a difference and build your resume with opportunities for participation and leadership in the Association governance. Elected and appointed positions are available for member participation annually. Be included in GSHA's annual directory of members, facilities and resource services in Georgia. Click here to join or renew your membership to GSHA for the 2012-2013 membership year.